Adire Worldwide is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Adire Worldwide. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
1. Selling Basics
- What can be sold on Adire Worldwide
- What can’t be sold on Adire Worldwide
- Managing your Adire Worldwide shop
- Seller Standards
- Selling Fees
2. Being a Member of the Adire Worldwide Community
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
- Communication Standards
- Communicating Cancellations
3. Feedback, Cases, and Your Success
- Adire Worldwide’s Case System
- Your Seller Account and Adire Worldwide’s Terms
- Adire Worldwide’s Purchase Protection Program for Sellers
1. Selling Basics
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on Adire Worldwide.
1. What can be sold on Adire Worldwide
Adire Worldwide is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Adire Worldwide must be handmade, vintage, or a craft supply.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. Read our full Handmade Policy here.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
1. All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
2. You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
3. You are using your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalized or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
1. All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
2. If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
For more information on how to list personalized items, please see this Help article.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old.
Craft Supplies are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies. Click here to learn more about what may be sold as a craft supply.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your craft supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture.
b. What Can’t be Sold on Adire Worldwide
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Adire Worldwide. All listings must offer an item for sale (which includes digitally delivered items, and can also include reserved listings). You may not create an Adire Worldwide listing for the purpose of sharing a referral code, posting a want ad, or similar activity that does not offer a physical or digital item for sale.
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on Adire Worldwide. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Adire Worldwide’s review. Adire Worldwide may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Adire Worldwide may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Adire Worldwide statement. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
c. Managing your Adire Worldwide Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the Adire Worldwide community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on Adire Worldwide, you agree that you will:
1. Provide honest, accurate information to Adire Worldwide and in your About section.
2. Honor your Shop Policies.
3. Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by Adire Worldwide’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
4. Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
5. Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Adire Worldwide .
6. Not engage in fee avoidance.
7. Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Adire Worldwide’s policies.
8. Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
d. Seller Standards By listing a product for sale on Adire Worldwide you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Adire Worldwide assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Adire Worldwide may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Adire Worldwide’s Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on Adire Worldwide, you agree to:
1. Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
2. Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
3. Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
4. Resolve disagreements or order issues directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, Adire Worldwide can help through our case system.
5. If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
e. Selling Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of Adire Worldwide’s services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other Adire Worldwide products and features.
2. Being a Member of the Adire Worldwide Community
At Adire Worldwide, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the Adire Worldwide community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
a. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Adire Worldwide, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
1. Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy;
2. Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
3. Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
4. Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
5. Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
6. Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
7. Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the Adire Worldwide checkout process;
8. Contains prohibited medical drug claims;
9. Violates any of the rules described in our Prohibited Items Policy.
Some content on Adire Worldwide is subject to additional requirements. Please see below for more details.
Read more about how Adire Worldwide search works, what factors impact search ranking, and how you can help optimize your listings and shop here.
b. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
c. Communication Standards
With Adire Worldwide’s “Messages”, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other Adire Worldwide members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Messages may not be used for the following activities:
1. Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
2. Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
3. Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
4. Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
5. Exchanging personal contact, financial or other information for the purposes of evading the checkout process on Adire Worldwide, including phone number, address, email, social media handles, external URLs, instructions for money transfer, etc.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Adire Worldwide. Examples of interference include:
1. Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
2. Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
3. Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
4. Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
5. Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment and Discrimination
Any use of Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
ii. Forums and Teams
Forums and Teams are public spaces provided by Adire Worldwide where sellers can connect, but there are communication standards that must be followed. More information can be found in the Adire Worldwide Community Policy.
iii. Communicating Cancellations
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
3. Feedback, Cases and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Adire Worldwide. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph or video of their purchase, within 100 days after the latter date of their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph or video, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or leave a response.
In addition to our rules for Creating and Uploading Content in Section 2a, reviews and your response to reviews may not:
1. Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our mature content policy;
2. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Adire Worldwide or a third party;
3. Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
4. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
b. Adire Worldwide’s Case System
The Case system is how a buyer notifies Adire Worldwide of an order issue or dispute that they’re unable to resolve with a seller, in order for Adire Worldwide to help them reach a resolution. Buyers must contact sellers directly via the Help with Order link and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Adire Worldwide. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers. Once a buyer contacts you to notify you of a problem with an order, you will have 48 hours to resolve the issue. If the issue is unresolved in this time frame, a case may be opened by the buyer. Once a case has been opened, Adire Worldwide will assist in the resolution of the case between the buyer and seller. This may include, but is not limited to, automatically closing the case and issuing a refund to the buyer, or reviewing the case further to help the buyer and seller resolve it as quickly as possible.
Adire Worldwide reserves the right to resolve an order issue before the 48-hour window for circumstances including, but not limited to, seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
For certain cases, sellers are protected by Adire Worldwide’s Purchase Protection Program. If the case falls outside of Adire Worldwide’s Purchase Protection Program for Sellers, unless otherwise required by law, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. Adire Worldwide reserves the right to issue a refund to the buyer and recoup funds from your account, including your payment account reserve, if payment was made via Adire Worldwide Payments.
c. Your Seller Account and Adire Worldwide’s Terms
In the event a shop sees an unusual spike in orders, particularly in a high demand category, a shop may see an increase or decrease in its search ranking. Often, if a shop sees an increase in fulfilled orders and good reviews, this may result in higher visibility and search rank. However, sometimes a rapid increase in orders can reduce visibility.
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings or ads in the interest of keeping Adire Worldwide safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings or ads may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. These listings or ads may also be restricted from appearing in one or more features of the Services. While these listings or ads may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable in search.
Adire Worldwide may make changes to onboarding or authentication processes for sellers at our sole discretion. Completion of these processes may be required for seller account activation or continued access and usage.
If Adire Worldwide has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content to some or all users, or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts Adire Worldwide determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, Adire Worldwide will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.
d. Adire Worldwide’s Purchase Protection Program for Sellers
Adire Worldwide also provides limited solutions to sellers who meet the requirements of our Purchase Protection Program for Sellers. Read more about Purchase Protection Program for Sellers here.